Williamson County tops nat’l job growth listTuesday, July 20, 2010 – 04:42 PM
Williamson posted 58.9 percent employment growth between 2000 and 2009, ranking it second in the nation, according to a recent CNNMoney.com report.
The study “Where the Jobs Are” attributed the increase to Dell Inc. in Round Rock and a tech-savvy community that attracts businesses nationwide. The North Austin county also has a growing young population with a robust public school system.
Hays County also made the list, ranking third with 56.4 percent employment growth in the past 10 years. The report attributed most of growth to government hiring and growth at Texas State University—San Marcos. The Prime Outlets of San Marcos and Tanger Factory Outlet Center were also listed as contributors to the rapid increase.
“In a time when most communities are focused on just retaining jobs, San Marcos and other Hays County communities have seen significant job growth,” said Amy Madison, executive director for Economic Development San Marcos.
Texas had the strongest showing in the report with five counties ranked in the top ten, including Williamson and Hays. Fort Bend, Webb and Collin counties were also near the top of the list.
Read more: Hays, Williamson top nat’l job growth list – Austin Business Journal
- Video: Ted Cruz on Glenn Beck TV
- President Obama Raising Money in Austin
- Baylor Teams & Student Athletes Up for Six ESPYs
- If Obamacare is Upheld….
- The Numbers Don’t Lie: Grassroots Choose Cruz
- Vote Today for City of Austin Elections
- Sarah Palin Endorses Ted Cruz for US Senate
- Dirty Tricks in East Texas Politics
- Texas CD 25 Hays County Candidate Forum
- Ted Cruz Campaign Releases Two New TV Ads
- Andy Kuchera
- BattleSwarm Blog
- DC Vaquero
- Hardin County Conservative
- Jonathon Colby McClellan
- Laura Elizabeth Morales
- Matt Dowling
- Matt Dowling
- Melissa Clouthier
- Michele Samuelson
- Only In Austin
- Poli-Texas (Rep. Trey Martinez Fischer)
- Political Knitter
- Pondering Penguin
- Prairie Pundit
- Ramparts 360
- Raz Shafer, Come and Take It
- Rick vs Kay
- Snowed In
- Texans for Rick Perry
- Texas Fred
- Texas Legislative Update
- Travis County GOP Chair Dr. Rosemary Edwards
- Travis Moniter
- Walker Report