Since entering the U.S. Senate race, Lt. Gov. David Dewhurst has skipped 19 candidate forums sponsored by Republican Parties in major Texas counties, by Republican Women’s groups, and by Tea Party organizations.
What’s to say he won’t skip out again at the debate this evening sponsored by Texas Public Policy Foundation and Empower Texans. The Ted Cruz campaign put together the Top 10 Excuses David Dewhurst may use to duck tonight’s debate. Drum roll please……..
10. I didn’t duck the debate; I was “fashionably late.”
9. One of my $70,000 horses threw a shoe
8. I wanted to go to the former CIA agent reunion and they simply told me, “it can happen at any time, when you least expect it, in any country and I had to be ready to go, with scuba gear packed.”
7. I thought this was the Texas senate, where my actually showing up to work is optional.
6. I had to go to a secret gathering with George Soros. Don’t ask!
5. I was in Tokyo and a crowd of people surrounded me, mistaking me for John Kerry.
4. My private jet broke down, and I got stuck at the airport flying commercial. Did you realize that the TSA pats you down now? Hard to believe.
3. People were upset that I’ve never been to a Tea Party. So I went to the Ritz Carlton for Earl Grey and crumpets.
2. Come on, would you want to show up and have to defend your record promoting an income tax?
1. I was for the idea of debating… before I was against it.
If you aren’t able to get tickets to the sold out debate, you can watch it online here: http://www.livestream.com/texaspublicpolicyfoundation